Drinking alcohol is not necessarily a problem. People drink in social situations to celebrate, relax and enjoy their time together. The problem with drinking alcohol occurs when some people drink too much or too often, and they cannot stop drinking even when it causes problems in their lives or the lives of their family members. Consuming excess amounts of alcohol, whether over time or at a single sitting, can even result in unconsciousness and death.
While exactly what causes alcohol dependence and addiction is not known, it appears to be a combination of factors, including genetic, environmental and social influences. An individual who has a parent who is an alcoholic faces a significantly higher risk of becoming an alcoholic.
Seek In-Patient Alcoholism Treatment
How Does Alcohol Affect the Body?
- Mood and behavioral changes
- Loss of balance and coordination
- Inability to think and speak clearly
- Heart damage, stroke and high blood pressure
- Liver damage
- Certain cancers
- Weakened immune system
- Impotence in men
- Damage to a developing fetus
Could You Benefit from an Alcohol Treatment Center?
Alcoholism means that a person is dependent on alcohol. The individual experiences cravings for alcohol, an inability to stop drinking, the need to drink more as tolerance increases, and the appearance of alcohol withdrawal symptoms when drinking is reduced or stopped. Alcohol abuse is not accompanied by physical dependence but drinking too much causes a range of problems at home, work or school.
Whether you are struggling with alcoholism or alcohol abuse, you have alcohol abuse disorder and should consider an alcohol rehab center to help you achieve long-term sobriety. Buena Vista Reovery’s state of the art Arizona alcohol rehab center serves both patients in state and out of state. Not sure if you’re a casual drinker or have a real alcohol problem? Ask yourself the following questions and if you answer “yes” to at least two, then you may have a problem.
Do You Have Alcohol Use Disorder?
- Do you drink more or for a longer time than you intended?
- Have you tried to stop or cut down on drinking, but were unable to do so?
- Do you feel a strong urge to drink alcohol?
- Do you spend a lot of time drinking or recovering from the effects?
- Does drinking interfere with your home, school or work life?
- Has drinking taken the place of previously enjoyable activities?
- Have you driven or had unsafe sex while under the influence of alcohol?
- Have you received a DUI or gotten into legal trouble while drinking?
- Do you find that you need more alcohol to feel its effects?
- Do you drink more when you are depressed or under pressure?
- Have you been unable to remember parts of the previous day?
- When sober, do you forget things you did or said while drinking?
- Do you drink more and/or earlier in the day than you did previously?
- Do your friends and family tell you you’ve had enough but you continue to drink?
- Have you noticed withdrawal symptoms after the effects of alcohol wear off?
Arizona Alcohol Rehab Treatment Center
At Buena Vista Recovery, our full-time, individualized care is offered by experienced medical professionals in a safe, structured environment. Inpatient, or residential, treatment helps patients not only deal with their alcohol and co-occurring health problems, but also remove themselves from the physical and social environments in which they drank. Our Arizona alcohol treatment facility provides 24/7 monitoring to help prevent relapse.
Our therapy programs help patients and their families get at the root of the alcohol problem, so all involved can understand your abuse and addiction, while you learn to function normally and deal with your problems — without alcohol. The goal of our therapy and behavior modification programs is to assist each patient to develop the vital recovery and life skills that will allow him or her to enjoy a healthy, sober lifestyle.
Ready to regain control of your life? Take the first step on your journey to addiction recovery today.