Long-term sobriety is a journey, and each person who makes this journey has different needs, challenges, and struggles. At Buena Vista, we help our patients break the cycle of addiction and maintain a sober lifestyle by providing personalized, comprehensive treatment plans.
Unlike our inpatient programs, an outpatient treatment program does not require you to live onsite. This type of program allows you to continue your treatment from anywhere. An outpatient rehab program may be right for you if you:
- Have already completed detox
- Do not require medical assistance
- Need to be home for work or family commitments
- Already completed an inpatient recovery program
Additionally, an outpatient treatment program differs from an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP), as the latter requires a more significant time and attention commitment. Therefore, many patients transition from an IOP to a general outpatient program.
Some of the outpatient treatment programs offered at Buena Vista include:
- Introduction to the 12 Steps: The 12-Step Program helps patients support one another as they strive to achieve and maintain sobriety. This program provides structure, a growing support network, a chance to help others, and a community committed to recovery.
- Weekly Individual Therapy Sessions: In individual therapy sessions, patients work out trauma and deep-seated behavioral issues to live more fulfilling lives as active members of society. In addition, our psychiatrist will evaluate patients, who will also determine whether additional individual psychiatric sessions are required to assist in the recovery process.
- Group Therapy: Patients will be enrolled in regular group therapy sessions where they will discuss daily struggles in a safe, confidential environment constructed of their peers and the supervision of a trained and licensed Clinician.
- Medical Care*: Patients can schedule appointments with a professional for regular checkups or any medical emergencies. They will also be required to visit a doctor every thirty days for a follow-up to ensure a healthy approach to their recovery.
- Psychiatric Care*: Patients receive a Psychiatric analysis upon entering Buena Vista’s outpatient drug rehab center and may be prescribed any necessary medications upon the Psychiatrist’s recommendation.
- Trauma Workshops: Buena Vista offers patients the chance to work through any existential trauma. This workshop is offered through our Licensed Clinical staff.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: This form of therapy allows the patients to look at deep-seated behaviors and beliefs, conclude about the cause, and determine the best way to change the behavior.
- Individualized Treatment Plans: Upon enrollment in our outpatient substance abuse treatment program, patients will participate in the creation of an individualized treatment plan based on their initial assessment and personal goals. This allows Clinical staff to better understand what treatment goals to set for each patient. Treatment goals may change throughout the program, and we encourage each patient to participate in the process for greater chances of success.
- Family Programs: Buena Vista communicates regularly with our patients’ families and/or loved ones to update them on their progress as they continue through the Buena Vista program.
- Relapse Prevention Education: This program allows patients to build a plan for staying sober outside of the drug and alcohol treatment services environment.