About Alcohol Addiction
Alcoholism, or alcohol abuse disorder, is a serious and sometimes life-threatening medical problem that can ruin people’s lives. Quitting drinking is very difficult, and some people even avoid trying due to fear of the alcohol withdrawal symptoms. Buena Vista, a successful Arizona alcohol detox center and treatment campus, offers medically monitored detoxification services to rid your body of alcohol while easing the withdrawal symptoms. Are you ready to take the first step toward recovery?
A Few Signs of Alcohol Abuse Disorder
- Drinking more than you intended, and more over time to get the same effect
- Spending too much of your time drinking and being sick afterward
- Wanting to quit or reduce alcohol intake but being unable to do so
- Drinking that is interfering with your home, social and/or work life
- Drinking even in dangerous circumstances such as while driving or using machinery
- Experiencing memory blackouts
- Drinking even when it causes depression or anxiety
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms as the effects of alcohol wear off
Arizona Alcohol Detox Center
Before recovery can begin, you must go through detox with all its side effects. Alcohol detox can cause serious physical harm — the delirium tremens (DTs) and seizures can be fatal. Our board-certified physicians and highly qualified, experienced nursing staff closely monitor every patient to keep him or her safe and as comfortable as possible. Alcohol detox usually takes about a week, although it varies by individual.
Alcohol withdrawal symptoms range from mild to severe; those who drink more generally experience more intense symptoms. The staff at our Arizona alcohol detox center is dedicated to helping you get through withdrawal symptoms that may include:
- Delirium tremens or DTs
- Shaking (tremors)
- Extreme perspiration
Detox addresses only the physical aspects of addiction. After you get through alcohol detox treatment successfully, you want to continue your lifelong journey to full recovery and long-term sobriety.
Buena Vista offers a range of rehabilitative services at our Arizona alcohol rehab center for people in state and out of state to help them understand the causes of their addiction and continue their battle against alcohol abuse. Our services include individual and group therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, counseling and professional monitoring.
Ready to regain control of your life? Take the first step on your journey to addiction recovery today through alcohol detox.