Intensive Outpatient Programs are the perfect fit for patients who require additional recovery support but don’t want to disrupt their daily lives. Some people in recovery may not necessarily need the 24/7 safety watch that a residential inpatient treatment entails, but they could benefit from extra support outside of individual counseling. This is where an IOP program can step in and be the solution for individuals seeking recovery without constant medical supervision.
This program works best for those who have completed a higher level of care, either detox or residential, or for those coming from an outpatient level of care and needing more guidance in their recovery. IOP treatment helps patients develop and hone skills necessary for long-term recovery. The treatment establishes long-term support networks and transitions from residential to outpatient settings.
Buena Vista Health and Recovery Centers provide a full continuum of care, including Intensive Outpatient, at our four facilities in Arizona. Our IOP Program offers a structured treatment experience for those who want to maintain their everyday life but need more intensive therapy than traditional counseling. The program provides professional guidance and peer support and is available across many of our campuses.
Our Approach To Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
At Buena Vista, we help patients along their recovery journey with IOP treatment options tailored to their specific needs. Our Intensive Outpatient Program in Arizona provides the following:
- Provides a structured treatment experience
- Individual and family counseling sessions
- Relapse prevention
- Family education
- Peer support/case management
- Teaches essential skills for establishing abstinence
- Focuses on early recovery skills
- Psychiatric evaluation (as needed)
- 12-Step Program: In a 12-step program, patients can help each other achieve and maintain sobriety from drugs and alcohol.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: Patients can become aware of inaccurate or negative thinking with the help of cognitive behavioral therapy. The therapy develops healthy coping mechanisms to approach stressful situations, mental health disorders, and challenges in a healthier way.
- Grief Therapy: Like all significant life changes, grief can arise when giving up an addiction. Grief therapy helps patients explore and manage their emotions and learn grief-coping skills.
- Group Therapy: Group therapy helps small groups deal with their addiction, build upon their support network, express feelings, and thoughts, and work on problem-solving skills cooperatively.
- Individual Counseling: In one-on-one sessions, addicts can focus on sticking to a recovery plan. Individual counseling sessions help patients develop healthy coping skills and break the cycle of abuse.
- Trauma-Focused Therapy: Trauma-focused therapy assists addicts in recovery after trauma from violence, abuse, grief, or sexual assault.
Is an Intensive Outpatient Program Right For You?
Many people recovering from alcohol or drug abuse don’t need the 24-hour support or structured day-to-day routines of inpatient treatments that they did in their early days of recovery.
Here are some questions you should ask yourself to help determine if our Intensive Outpatient Program in Arizona is right for you:
- Do you have a full-time career?
- Would you prefer to live at home?
- Do you have responsibilities that make it challenging to attend residential treatment?
- Could you benefit from a more intensive structure while still maintaining some normalcy?
- Are you looking for continued care after discharge from a higher level of care?
Reach out to our admissions team at 480-999-0851 for a brief intake to match you up with the right program.
What Are the Benefits of the Intensive Outpatient Program?
1. You can maintain your daily routine while having access to professional treatment.
The Intensive Outpatient Program allows more home-life flexibility for you. As IOP only requires minimal adjustments to your weekly schedule, you can still be free to continue doing your everyday activities while on treatment.
2. Sessions are held in a clinical setting allowing for a higher level of care.
Your holistic health matters to us. Our clients are at the center of everything we do, and our team of skilled clinicians ensures that you receive the best care tailored to your needs.
3. Intensive Outpatient Programs have a stronger success rate than outpatient approaches.
An Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program provides a flexible but focused environment that aims to continue your addiction treatment without having to remain in a 24-hour residential facility.
On the other hand, the outpatient program is similar to an IOP but is less intensive and may not provide enough care for someone struggling. It’s best to seek professional advice on whether IOP or outpatient treatment works for your individual needs.
4. The experience you gain in treatment can directly apply to your everyday life
There will be individual and group counseling sessions where you’ll learn coping skills and receive peer support to help you transition to the next phase of sobriety.
5. You’ll have access to a strong community and peer support network.
The program allows you to connect with a close-knit community of people with shared experiences. By listening to others’ stories, you’ll gain insights and learn valuable coping skills to take with you long after treatment is over.
6. You’ll focus on overcoming your substance abuse addiction while maintaining your career.
Continuing your addiction treatment journey while pursuing your career is not impossible with IOP. You can be successful in your career while on an Intensive Outpatient Program to treat your substance addiction.
Does Insurance Cover IOP?
Whether or not insurance covers IOP treatment is a primary concern for many patients. Fortunately, Buena Vista works with most insurance, including Blue Cross Blue Shield, Humana, Aetna, Cigna, and Magellan.
You can check our Insurance Verification page to see if your insurer covers our Intensive Outpatient Programs or contact us to speak with one of our specialists. If we’re not included in your network, our clinical outreach director can help you find a treatment option, that is.
Discover An IOP Tailored to Your Needs at Buena Vista
At Buena Vista, we believe an IOP treatment needs to fit the patient’s needs, not the other way around. So no matter where you are in your recovery, or if you’re just looking at your options for addiction treatment, we can help.
After you fill out the form on our Contact Us page, one of our experts will reach out to you to gather more information and help you create your individual treatment plan.