Intensive Outpatient Programs are the perfect fit for patients that require additional support in their recovery, but also don’t want to disrupt their daily lives. Some people in recovery may not necessarily need the 24/7 safety watch that a residential inpatient treatment entails, but could benefit from extra support outside of individual counseling. This is where an IOP program can step in and be the solution to individuals seeking recovery without constant medical supervision.
This program works best for those who have completed a higher level of care, either detox or residential, or for those who are coming from an outpatient level of care and need more guidance in their recovery.
Buena Vista Health and Recovery Centers provide a full continuum of care, including Intensive Outpatient, at our four facilities in Arizona. Our IOP Program provides a structured treatment experience for those who want to maintain their everyday life but need more intensive therapy than traditional counseling. The program provides professional guidance and peer support and is available across many of our campuses.
Our Approach To Intensive Outpatient Program IOP
- Provides a structured treatment experience
- Individual and family counseling sessions
- Relapse prevention
- Family education
- Peer support/case management
- Teaches essential skills for establishing abstinence
- Focuses on early recovery skills
- Psychiatric evaluation (as needed)
Is an Intensive Outpatient Program Right For You?
- Do you have a full-time career?
- Would you prefer to live at home?
- Do you have responsibilities that make it difficult to attend residential treatment?
- Could you benefit from a more intensive structure while still maintaining some normalcy?
- Are you looking for continued care after discharging from a higher level of care?
Reach out to our admissions team at 480-999-0851 for a brief intake to match you up with the right program for you.
What are the benefits of the Intensive Outpatient Program?
1. Maintain your daily routine while having access to professional treatment.
The Intensive Outpatient Program allows more home-life flexibility for you. As IOP only requires minimal adjustments on your weekly schedule, you can still have the freedom to continue doing your everyday activities while on treatment.
2. Sessions are held in a clinical setting allowing for a higher level of care.
Your holistic health matters to us. Our clients are at the center of everything we do and our team of skilled clinicians make sure that you receive the best care tailored to your needs.
3. Intensive Outpatient Programs have a stronger success rate than outpatient approaches.
An Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program provides a flexible but focused environment that aims to continue your addiction treatment without having to remain in a 24-hour residential facility. On the other hand, the outpatient program is similar to an IOP, but is less intensive and may not be enough care for someone struggling. It’s best to seek professional advice on whether IOP or outpatient treatment works for your individual needs.
4. The experience you gain in treatment can be directly applied to your normal life.
Not only will there be individual and group counseling sessions, but you will also be taught coping skills, and receive peer support that will help you transition to the next phase of sobriety.
5. Access to a strong community and peer support network
The program allows you to connect with a close-knit community of people with shared experiences. By listening to others stories, you will gain insights and learn valuable coping skills to take with you long after treatment is over.
6. Focus on overcoming your substance abuse addiction while still maintaining your career
Continuing your addiction treatment journey while pursuing your career is not impossible with IOP. You can be successful in your career while on an Intensive Outpatient Program to treat your substance addiction.