Intensive Outpatient Programs or IOP Programs work for patients who need extra support in their recovery period but must also continue their daily routine. Some recovering addicts may not necessarily need the 24/7 safety watch that a residential inpatient treatment entails. This is where an IOP program can step in and be the solution to individuals seeking recovery without constant medical supervision.
The program works best for those who have transitioned back to society to regain their normal living. For some, it either functions as a stepping down phase from an inpatient program or a stepping up solution for those coming from the general outpatient treatment.
At Buena Vista, we provide a full continuum of care including Intensive Outpatient Programs. Our IOP Program provides a structured treatment experience for those who want to maintain their everyday life but need more intensive therapy than traditional counseling. We offer IOP programs at many of our locations. The program provides professional guidance and peer support and is available across many of our campuses.
Our Approach To Intensive Outpatient Program IOP
- Provides a Structured Treatment Experience
- Individual and Family Sessions
- Relapse Prevention Sessions
- Family Education Night component
- MAT/Vocational/Peer Support/Case Management
- Introduction of Relapse Prevention
- Teaches Essential Set of Skills for Establishing Abstinence
- Focus on Early Recovery Skills Sessions & Relapse Prevention Sessions
- Psychiatric Evaluation & Primary Care Needs (as needed)
Is an Intensive Outpatient Program Right For You?
- Do you have a career that requires a 9-5 workday?
- Would you prefer to live at home?
- Do you have responsibilities that make it difficult to attend residential treatment?
- Could you benefit from a more intensive structure while still maintaining some normalcy?
What are the benefits of the Intensive Outpatient Program?
1. Maintain your daily routine while having access to professional treatment
The Intensive Outpatient Program allows more home-life flexibility for you. As IOP only requires minimal adjustments on your weekly schedule, you can still have the freedom to continue doing your everyday activities while on treatment.
2. Sessions are held in a clinical setting allowing for a higher level of care
Your holistic health matters to us. Being a medication-assisted treatment program, our IOP clinicians will make sure that you receive the best medical assistance best suited to your needs.
3. Intensive Outpatient Programs have a stronger success rate than outpatient approaches.
An Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program provides a flexible but focused environment that aims to continue your addiction treatment without having to remain in a 24-hour residential facility. On the other hand, the outpatient program is also similar to an IOP but is the toned-down version which explains why it has a lesser success rate than the IOP. However, it is best to seek professional advice on whether an intensive outpatient treatment or the outpatient approach works for your individual needs.
4. The learnings you gain in treatment can be immediately applied in your normal life.
Not only will there be counseling sessions, but you will also be taught coping skills, mental health management that help you transition back to society.
5. Access to a strong community and peer support network
In your recovery process, our heart is to provide family-like support for you in your journey to sobriety. The treatment program allows you to meet a community that you can surely call your family.
6. Focus on overcoming your substance abuse addiction while still maintaining your career
Continuing your addiction treatment journey while pursuing your career is not impossible with IOP. You can be successful in your career while on an intensive outpatient program to treat your substance addiction.