ABOUT DRUG ADDICTION
Becoming addicted to drugs can be easier than you think. After you begin taking drugs — whether prescription or illegal — your body quickly develops a dependency and tolerance that make you crave more of the drug. And once you become addicted, stopping using the drug is extremely difficult without professional help. Many people working with pain management clinics or organizations can be addicted, many times without realizing it. Whether you or someone you love has a drug problem, seeking a solution as soon as possible is very important.
Symptoms of Drug Addiction
- Increased amounts of the drug are required over time
- Eyes appear bloodshot or glazed, and the pupils are constricted or dilated
- Significant weight changes
- Bruises or other signs of injection sites on the body
- Changes in personality, attitudes and habits
- Depression or lethargy
- Hanging out with a different group of people
- Involvement in criminal activities
GET HELP FOR DRUG ADDICTION
WHY CHOOSE AN ARIZONA DRUG DETOX PROGRAM?
Where do you begin to seek help for drug addiction? A reputable drug detox rehabilitation center like Buena Vista helps drug addicts break the vicious cycle of dependency, attempted cessation, withdrawal symptoms, resumption of drug use to avoid discomfort, and increased reliance on the drug.
At Buena Vista, our drug detox programs can help you through drug detoxes such as:
- Opioids, including heroin, Vicodin, and OxyContin
- Prescription drugs
- Stimulant drugs, including ADHD medications and methamphetamines
Successful addiction recovery begins with detox. The body must completely eliminate the drug to eliminate physical dependency. Of course, this causes unpleasant withdrawal symptoms, but our medically monitored detoxification procedure is designed to get patients safely through the withdrawal in the most comfortable manner possible.
The patient’s needs differ from person to person because no two detox processes, withdrawal symptoms, or struggles are exactly the same. That’s why we provide unique treatment options to help tailor our detox programs to each patient’s needs.
TREATMENT OF WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS THROUGH DRUG DETOX
At Buena Vista, our professional team of doctors and nurses offers medically monitored withdrawal in our Arizona rehab campus. Withdrawal symptoms can become severe, even life-threatening, without medical supervision. No two detoxes are the same, even if a patient has undergone a drug detox before. Specific withdrawal symptoms vary by the type of drugs in the patient’s system, and the severity of those symptoms depends on many factors, including:
- The length and severity of drug use
- Any pre-existing medical conditions
- Co-occurring mental health conditions, including PTSD, depression, and anxiety
These symptoms can cause many addicts to relapse to reduce or eliminate symptoms. In addition to addressing health concerns, committing to a drug detox in Arizona at Buena Vista improves the likelihood of a successful, long-term recovery by:
- Providing a structured routine during in-patient treatment
- Giving patients long-term recovery tools, such as relapse prevention planning, a sense of community, and assistance in developing healthy coping skills
- Removing patients from common triggers that led to their drug use
- Individualized care and treatment options, including individual and group therapeutic options
After you arrive at our drug detox facility in Arizona, we’ll begin by performing a physical exam, blood tests, and psychological testing. Then, medications may be prescribed to relieve withdrawal symptoms and manage cravings at the same time. Other drugs, including antidepressants, may be prescribed as needed.
Drug detoxification is never easy or pleasant, but the knowledgeable, experienced staff at Buena Vista is committed to doing everything possible to help our patients get through it with the least amount of discomfort.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER DRUG DETOX?
While a medically supervised drug detox program is necessary for long-term recovery, these programs are just the first step. Successfully navigating and overcoming withdrawal from drug abuse won’t fully address the psychological addiction a patient suffers from, address the factors that led them to use to begin with, or help prevent them from relapsing in the future.
After completing a drug detox at our Arizona detox center, we strongly recommend transitioning into one of our addiction programs. Buena Vista provides several programs to help patients find the treatment options that will best help them on their road to recovery, including:
- Inpatient substance abuse programs
- Outpatient substance abuse programs
- Therapeutic treatments, including the 12-step program, cognitive behavioral therapy, grief therapy, and individual counseling
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
To learn more about Buena Vista and our treatment programs or to get started, complete the contact form below so that our addiction professional can contact you to discuss your specific addiction recovery needs. We’ll help you create a plan that best suits you to help you break free from the cycle of addiction and start on your road to recovery.